Poseidon's flexible design and significant bandwidth capacity will allow each property connected to the Poseidon backbone to serve as a central hub for many mobile assets in the field vicinity. A single processing platform can provide broadband, low-latency fiber backhaul to drilling vessels, field support contractor vessels, and other vital support operations in or near the lease # block.
Examples include the capability to:
- connect nearby drilling platforms via wireless connections or fiber connections provided in remote drill centers around the field
- provide roaming services to marine and aviation operations via WiFi or WIMAX connections hosted at the platform
- provide bandwidth to production facilities in adjacent fields
- Provide broadband, low-latency wireless services to in-field construction vessels during critical construction or inspection operations
- allow real-time streaming ROV video feed of inspection or construction operations
- allow real-time streaming of large data sets from subsea and downhole inspection operations